There is no better or worse business network, but it always depends on which goals you pursue with a presence and communication over a business network.Both networks have different focal points and offer different functions.
In international comparison, the Microsoft company LinkedIn has a clear lead with 500 million registered users.The Burda subsidiary XING, on the other hand, is a leader with 14 million users in the German-speaking DACH region.But LinkedIn is also catching up with German-speaking users and now also has 10 million DACH users.
With 11 million users, XING is the undisputed number 1 in Germany.
XING is therefore indispensable for B2B communication on the German market (Germany, Austria, Switzerland).LinkedIn is also interesting for business contacts and visibility of specialist content.
LinkedIn is the ideal network for international communication, which is mainly in English.
But XING and LinkedIn offer much more than just reach:
- Comparison: Business Networks XING vs. LinkedIn
- Successful social media communication with XING
- 14 Tips for Your Social Media Strategy in XING Groups
- Influencer Marketing with XING: How to find brand ambassadors for your business
- Social Media Tool: Send blog posts directly from the blog to XING profiles, pages and groups: individualized and time-delayed
- Press relations with the business networks XING and LinkedIn – Part 1: Company appearance and profiling
- Press relations with the business networks XING and LinkedIn – Part 2: PR content and communication
- Guide Cross Social Media Promotion