I would say that if you start to annoy, it is a luxury problem ;-).
Most bloggers are more likely to have the problem that they want to promote their blog in order to be noticed at all.
The most important steps to successfully promote a blog are relevant content that is really useful, helpful or entertaining for your audience.Focusing on a niche topic can help you establish your blog as a useful resource for a particular readership.
A blog with valuable and relevant content does not annoy.At least not when presented to the right target group.
Another important criterion is the correct preparation of the content with a good, clear and comprehensible text structure, pictures or videos and with the right keywords.Because only what is sought can be found.
And then comes the promotion: No matter how great your content may be, you have to promote it.And the most important source for your blog marketing are the social media networks:
5 tips for successfully applying your blog
1.Connect social media follow and share buttons to your blog
In order to link your blog to social media, it is important to place social media follow buttons in visible places in headers and footers of a website, as well as social media share buttons above and below all posts and also on pictures.This makes it easy for your website visitors and readers to follow the social media channels, respectively. Share your content on social media. Call-to-actions like “Please Share” let you explicitly encourage your readers to share.
- The Super Socializer (Free) plugin or the Social Warfare (Premium) plugin offers various ways to integrate social media icon and buttons on a website.
- The WWM Social Share On Image Hover plugin adds up to 6 social media icons to all images: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ Pinterest and Tumblr and automatically displays the social media icons as soon as readers hover over the images or graphics.
- The Better Click to Tweet (Free) plugin adds ready-made Twitter boxes to posts or pages (free & premium).
2.Share your posts on social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Xing & Co.
Social networks are among the most effective sources of website traffic and can greatly increase the reach of content.
Each network is used for different purposes and also at different times.And the communities of the individual networks also react very differently to certain contribution formats. In order to promote content as effectively as possible, it makes sense to target individual audiences in the comments and to adapt the contributions to the requirements of the specific platform.
Social media tools and plugins help to automatically share posts on social media channels and plan for publication on social networks.
- With Blog2Social, blog posts can be automatically planned and shared on all social media channels.
Links and posts can be fully automated or individually adapted, planned and shared to each network.
3.Share your pictures on social media
For pictures, videos and infographics there are now own searches in the search engines.Therefore, it makes sense to share all images and graphics separately in the respective networks.
The image networks Instagram, Pinterest and Flickr, but also the classic social networks such as Twitter, Facebook or Google+, are particularly suitable for this purpose.When sharing a post as an image post with a separate link to the post, the images are automatically transferred to the photo albums or image galleries of the social accounts and remain visible there for the long term.
4.Link your posts to bookmark directories
Social bookmarking sites like Diigo, StumbleUpon, Digg, etc.allow users to bookmark links. These links have an additional impact on the visibility and reach of links and posts, allowing you to provide an additional traffic source.
5.Publish your content to blog and editorial networks
There are other social media platforms with large and active specialist communities where it is worth publishing posts or using them in any other form.A publication with a targeted focus on a specific niche or target group can significantly increase the visibility and reach of a website once again. Depending on the network, the posts can be linked, or parts or entire contributions can be published.
- Content networks; Slideshare, Scribd, Issuu, Flipchart
- Blog networks: Medium, Tumblr or Bloglovin.
- Journalists Networks: Torial
- Business Networks: LinkedIn Pulse
- Question portals: Quora, Brainguide Answers, Yahoo Answers, Who knows what?
There are also numerous free and cost-effective thematic and press portals on which you can publish content by hand.Blog posts can also be the basis for such online news. The portals bring the online news to the search engines and from there to interested readers. The right keywords ensure optimal news discoverability. Interested readers are guided directly to the blog via the links in the news.
- PR-Gateway offers a wide spread of online news on more than 250 themed and press portals, blogs and new services.
The message text is created only once and incl. Image material is transmitted to the desired selection of portals and partially published immediately.
The links and contributions can be fully automated or individually adapted to each network, planned and shared.
Tip: Always publish your posts on your own website and wait 5-7 days before syndisusing them on other channels so that Google can index the original post first.
More tips for yourblog:
- The Ultimate Blogger Guide and Checklist
- Guide Social Media Cross-Promotion
- 15 essential WordPress plugins for more performance and traffic on your blog
- The best 25 WordPress marketing plugins for your blog
- The 7 best social media plugins for WordPress + 55 alternatives
- How to automatically post blog posts on blogging networks such as Medium, Tumblr, Torial and Bloglovin’