The basis for a successful blog is relevant content.Content that is really useful to your audience.The better you know your audience, the better you can create content that matches their interests.
Focusing on a niche topic can help you establish your blog as a useful resource for a particular readership.
1.How to choose the right topics
Orient yourself to the information that your target group is actually looking for on the Internet:
- Search for posts on your topics that generate a lot of interaction on social media.
- Listen to your audience and pay attention to frequently asked questions, business challenges your customers face.
- Analyze your social media followers and reactions to specific topics.
- Look for recent contributions from key influencers in your industry.
- Watch out for comments and discussions in social media communities and see what aspects you can pick up on.
- Search for open questions and problems to answer and solve.
Create useful content, tips, and guidance that will remind your audience as a useful source of information.
Tool Tips for topic research
Here’s a topic search tool that will help you find the best content for your keywords and topics:
- Easy Blog Ideas helps you find the posts that trigger a lot of social interaction on social media and save them directly to your WordPress dashboard.
- BuzzSumo 鈥?Enter a keyword and the tool will show you a list of matching articles that are often shared on social media.
- Google Suggest (also: Google Autocomplete) provides the most searched search phrases for specific search terms when entering into the search box.
- Google Trends 鈥?The Google tool shows you a graphic of how certain search terms and topics evolve over time.
- Answer the Public provides you with a series of topic-relevant questions and statements on classic W-questions.
2.Optimize your posts for readers and search engines
Your content cannot be found without a good ranking in the search engines.The algorithms of the search engines have evolved to such an extent that they can assess the quality and relevance for the user very well. But only what is sought can be found.
Search engines prefer to rank websites that are high-performance and user-friendly and whose contents are easy to read and understand.Make sure your blog posts are easy to read and understand:
- Write short sections with less than 300 words and paragraphs with less than 150 words.
- Use clear headings and intermediate headings.
- Enumeration points and lists make it easier to fly over your posts and capture the most important statements.
Tool tips for text optimization
- Check your text quality with the PR gateway text analysis and optimize your text for readability and read duration, sentence length and sentence structure, fill words, modal verbs, phrases and foreign words as well as keywords and links.
- The Yoast SEO plugin supports you with basic SEO functions for your pages and posts such as focus keywords, meta tags and descriptions and readability.
Therefore, the right keywords are still very important to assign your content to the right searches:
- Keyword Research: Search terms, phrases, and hashtags that your audiences use when they talk about your topics.
- Use these terms as keywords in your meta tags and descriptions as well as in your texts, headings, lead texts, links and image descriptions.
Tool Tips for Keyword Analysis
Here are a few tools to help you research and analyze the best keywords and phrases for your content:
- Keyword tools like Google Keyword Planner or Keywordtool.io for your keyword research.
- Long Tail Keywords helps you find and analysis search-relevant keyword phrases on your topics
3.Spread your blog posts across social media, editorial networks and influencers
The social media networks help you get more reach for your posts and bring more visitors to your blog.There are many different social media platformswhere you can share your posts and also your pictures and videos.Choose the best social media networks, groups and communities for your audiences.
Create a social media cross-promotion plan for your blog marketing to plan and share your blog posts evenly and regularly on the various social media channels:
The Social Media Cross-Promotion Planning
- Share your posts on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn and Xingwhen your posts are aimed at business customers.
- If you have a Google My Business entry, share your posts as Google Poststo update your entry.
- Share your pictures and graphics separately onInstagram, Pinterest and Flickr, and on Twitter and Facebook to generate more social media posts and links to your blog.
- Share your posts and images in relevant groups and communities on Facebook, LinkedIn, or subreddits.
- Link your posts to social bookmark communities like Diigo, Delicious or Digg to generate more links to your posts.
- Syndicate your content and posts on blog platforms such as Medium, Tumblr, Bloglovin’, Quora and LinkedIn Pulse.
- Syndicate your content on press, trade or industry portals, such as INAR, press scoreboard, entrepreneur, marketing exchange, etc.
- Syndicate your posts on Question Portals, such as Quora, Brainguide Answers, Yahoo Answers, Who knows what?
- Share your content at the best of times and on different days across the various social networks to reach more users.
- Customize your posts with personal comments, hashtags, or handles for eachchannel.
- Use social media automation for scheduling andconsistency.
Tool tips for social media planning and automation
- The Blog2Social Plugin helps you to plan your blog posts directly from your WordPress dashboard and share them at the best of times on the various social media channels.
Blog2Social also allows you to plan and share links from other sources so that you can organize your entire social media editorial planning via your blog. With Blog2Social, blog posts can also be automatically shared on blog networks such as Medium, Tumblr, Bloglovin, Reddit and torial. The links and contributions can be fully automated or individually adapted to each network, planned and shared.
The message text is created only once and incl. Image material is transmitted to the desired selection of portals and partially published immediately.
More tips for yourblog:
- The Ultimate Blogger Guide and Checklist
- Guide Social Media Cross-Promotion
- 15 essential WordPress plugins for more performance and traffic on your blog
- The best 25 WordPress marketing plugins for your blog
- The 7 best social media plugins for WordPress + 55 alternatives
- How to automatically post blog posts on blogging networks such as Medium, Tumblr, Torial and Bloglovin’