How can I find a good psychologist? It’s not something I would be googling, is there already a system for the GP?

It depends on exactly what you want.

If you already know what therapy you want/need, and what kind of therapy is good for it, then it is no problem to find a therapist yourself.You can then search through Google targeted.

For example “Anxiety disorder therapist Wageningen” (I give just one example huh).

Then you get a list of free-standing therapists in Wageningen, and if they then indicate that they are working with anxiety disorders, then you can read on.If they are affiliated with a National Therapists ‘ association, then that is in any case a sign that they have the right papers. Then you can request a referral to that specific therapist through your GP.

If you do not know exactly what you want to do in therapy, you only know that you have to do something because you are unhappy and you do not go any further, it is more difficult.Then you can better go to the GP and ask for a referral. It may be that your GP knows a free-standing therapist, or that you get a referral to a Riagg, for example. An approver is a referral to a social worker. It does not do any therapy, but it can work with you to see exactly what you need.

It remains in all cases that “the right papers have” no guarantee for being a good therapist (no, not even if they work in an institution), and that it must absolutely click with your therapist to make the therapy work properly.They never tell them, so people who start therapy often linger for times at a therapist that they don’t actually trust.

Finding a good therapist is therefore a matter of perseverance and the courage to say “I don’t like this person, I’d rather be someone else.” Or “This therapy does nothing for me, I need something else.”

Finding a therapist through the GP is not a better guarantee of success than self-googling.Certainly not if the GP himself has no idea and you refer to the Riagg.

You may be better assisted with an alternative therapy form.I have done psychomotor therapy myself to get out of borderline, and that has really been my salvation for me. I could actually talk very well, I just never knew my core. Before that, I needed a non-verbal therapy, where talking was not paramount.

These are therapists who are not always found on the regular roads.For that you will really have to be googling anyway.

I understand that it seems very scary to be a therapist to Google.”You never know.” But you don’t know this through the regular roads either. Really not.

Just be careful if they are connected somewhere, then you have the same warranty as when you go to the Riagg through the GP.

Pooh This is actually quite a more difficult question than looks at first sight.I have tried to be as complete as possible with alternatives and scenarios. There are many provided and but in this answer, because it is quite complicated.

In any case, you will often need a referral letter from the GP for many types of complaints if you want to have them treated with the psychologist and also for the diagnosis, because it does not inform the GP himself, but a psychologist or a Psychiatrist.You will need a referral to get the diagnostic call or conversations and then treatment. In some cases, the psychiatrist can make a diagnosis without intervention and required referral from a GP, after all, the psychiatrist himself is also qualified as a physician. Strangely enough, a doctor’s referral letter is not necessarily necessary for every type of treatment in the psychologist (there are exceptions to slight cases, but they are also poorly compensated by the insurance without a referral), but also then you have to Psychologist have had a diagnostic interview after which the psychologist then prepares a treatment plan with you. In all cases, a treatment plan must be prepared with the consent of you.

What in any case with the above story good to keep an eye on is that you can only get a referral letter from primary care and a diagnosis only of primary care or second line care and a treatment only of primary care, second line Care, or third-country care.Often, only a doctor or psychiatrist is first-line and in this case often only a psychiatrist or psychologist is second-line. And in exceptional cases, so for example you need a whole specialist help question and a very specialised treatment, then you come to treatment with third-level care, namely a psychologist or psychiatrist who is in that domain Specialised, but in the latter case you should have already had a referral letter.

That’s already a pretty complicated story, so I hope for you that this is still somewhat to follow.

In some cases, the GP will also be able to provide tips and advice for which organization or practice to contact.There are also other organisations that can give opinions on this. For instance, some schools are known to provide tips and information about diagnostic organizations for people with, for example, developmental disabilities such as ADHD. Some employers also employ business psychologists who can provide tips. Only the company psychologist does not seem to be the best place to discuss this. Even though they have a silent duty, it remains privacy-sensitive. Mind you, tips, advices, suggestions is not a referral letter.

If you’re only having trouble looking up in Google, because you don’t want to use Google, suppose you have fear that Google knows too much of you and thinks that privacy is sensitive, then of course you can also use another search engine, or search with a masked IP address , a proxy.Is the problem however that you do not know where to start searching then is advisable to ask the GP or a found psychologist for tips.

You have your own free choice which practitioner you take, after you have received the referral letter, provided that the organisation or practice is competent to make that diagnosis and to be able to give treatment and provided that it is not a forced withdrawal (so you do not hazard For yourself or your environment and this is determined by a judge, because then it is no longer a free choice).An ordinary small house-garden-and-kitchen psychologists practice which, for example, has not had clinical psychology can not do this for heavier things like for example borderline, because it is not competent. In that case, you will forward it to one that has competence, for example a mental healthcare or a competitor thereof.

And well what makes a psychologist good?One that is competent and understands what you have, if you have a complaint (because that must of course still be diagnosed), but also I think one that you understand as a human being, and of course what it all revolves around, which can reduce your complaints and can help.

Depending on what it is, it may take a long time or be short before treatment has any effect.For example, most phobias are often quick to treat, as a rule, 2 or 10 treatments. For example, for such a thing as post-traumatic stress disorder there are therapies that can have a reasonably rapid effect, but for example, something like a personality disorder, the client must also be open to therapy, often with something like A personality disorder is not the case and treatment will take a long time or be discontinued by the client himself. Usually the client lacks self-understanding of the clinical picture. The effect of or treatment is also dependent on yourself. If you are not therapy faithful, imagine you have depression and you do not swallow medication even though this is recommended to do, a treatment also has less effect and/or less rapid effect, just a little apart from whether the psychologist is good or not.

You go to the GP and explain your mental problems.Your GP can then assess which specialist offers the best choice for you.

This is not something you can googling yourself because psychiatry knows a lot of specializations.A special psychologist or psychiatrist can be found for every issue.

You can also contact the mental Health care (GGZ) and ask for help there.That’s the same story as with the GP, actually. You must first discuss your complaints and then they will look for the right person.

This service of the GGZ or GP is included in the basic package but counts for your own risk.

I don’t have a lot of experience with it.In the cases that I needed, I first started with the GP. From there, a referral to a practice supporter, there the story done and so the referrals were given.

In this way, by doing the conversation I have so far very good experiences.I went there very very open and let me advise, luckily thanks to very knowledgeable help I quickly helped and I had a lot of it.

You can indeed be referred through your GP.Give your preference for a man or a woman,

Through Google you can get a picture of what a psychologist can do for you, and what is not.

In your case, I would go looking for someone who speaks French very well.For emotional matters you have to be able to speak in your own language. Normally such references expire through the GP. But there is the Nederlandsche Vereniging for psychotherapists (NVP). Those have a registry.

The GP draws from his own network in the direct region if I understand correctly.But it may just be that a psychologist from Breda suits you specifically while you live in Gouda.

Zorgmap Nederland offers a source of information but also does not say anything.My rehabilitation centre (which also employs several psychologists as a freelancer) had no reviews While many were very satisfied with it. Also the freelancers who worked there had little to no reviews while several patients were satisfied.

LinkedIn has already been mentioned but then you hope that the psychologists who need/wish in question have his/her LinkedIn activities in order.

I have wondered more about how this can be processed in a commercially viable case, but I haven’t spent more than 20 minutes at the moment.Zorgmap The Netherlands could play a much greater role in this in essence. If anyone want to brainstorm about this

Hurry up during the meetup 22 June: who goes to the 2019 Quora World Meetup in Utrecht, the Netherlands, on Saturday 22 June 2019?

With a nice enough team we might think of something?

For some very specific emotional problems eg.The concentration camp syndrome you have to consult specific psychologists, these die from; In the Netherlands, the referral always goes through the GP, which usually has a number of psychologists with whom he/she collaborates.

Yeah that’s a dark animal forest, not normal.They seem to be lawyers, too. Make use of the system and let you refer.

Leave a Reply