I don’t think a narcissist is focused on “breaking” particularly strong people.However, it is in fact common that narcissists emotionally hurt strong people.
I believe that narcissists are attracted to people who have power, concoancance and strength.This may be due to how narcissists go through life and control. Many narcissists have a “view of life” that corresponds exactly to the opposite of their reflection.
For example, most narcissists I know tend to see themselves as bad seeds or malignant.The reasons for this are certainly complicated. However, one would like to know why someone identifies with the dark or evil side…
It soon seems that narcissists have the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other.For me, this suggests that narcissists have an internal conflict.
Moreover, this “good versus evil scheme” seems to harmonize well with the binary view of the narcissist.
Typical views of a narcissist:
- Mirror opposites
- extreme poles
- one or the other
- yin / yang
- all or nothing
- all good or all bad
- black or white
- good or evil
- amiable or despicable
- valuable or worthless
- hot or cold
- Love or hate
I think the list gives an insight into what is meant by the binary world of the narcissist.
With a narcissist attracted to the polar opposite of himself, it is no longer surprising why he is attracted to the following qualities:
- intellectually curious
- the tendency to see the good in man
- Willingness to consider their role in things
- faith in love
- strive for the truth
- just to be happy
- good listener
- good observer
Narcissists want their (life) partner to be like this:
- empathetic / empathetic
- Immediately respond to all text messages and calls and to any request of the narcissist immediately
- confirming and empowering
- intuitively grasping the thoughts of the narcissist
- receptive to the feelings of the narcissist
- completely inclined towards the narcissist / only there for him
- forgiving all the marrots of the narcissist
- patient and understanding
- responsible to keep the house and the finances in order
- an emotional pastor who has a calming effect on the narcissist
- if necessary strict, but not malicious.
I think potential partners of a narcissist would be proud to learn that they were chosen for these very qualities.
And I also believe that narcissists are well aware that people with such traits are likely to:
- tend to look beyond abusive behavior
- are ready to meet the narcissist
In general, the narcissist sees the world as a “survival of the fittest,” which is often mistakenly understood as “survival of the fittest.”Therefore, the narcissist does not classify the above-mentioned properties as admirable, but rather sees them as something like a “burden”.
In a shark pool world (in which one shark eats the other), a narcissist would see his life partner with the above property as follows:
- Hot shower
I believe that narcissists are attracted to people who are the opposite of their reflection.Therefore, the life partners of a narcissist are strong exactly where the narcissist himself has his weaknesses.
Narcissists are not attracted by someone because of their integrity, good nature, or strength.It is much more likely that the narcissist knows that such people are inclined not to want to have the unconscious behavior of their beloved partner true.